Monday, September 8, 2014

DA NANG



Somehow I always find myself travelling back to Vietnam - absolutely no complaints about that. I was blessed to have been able to see many parts of this beautiful country - Sa Pa, being one of my favourites. Vietnam exudes a chaotic but nostalgic charm that I find very calming and familiar. Whenever I'm there, I feel like I went back in time and got transported to an ancient world where work and the busyness of life didn't matter anymore. 

When AirAsia contacted me and asked if I was interested to go on a trip to Da Nang, Vietnam - all expenses paid for - I knew I couldn't decline. So a week or so later, we (a handful of bloggers and I + AirAsia crew) got on the inaugural flight and headed north-east.




Da Nang, compared to the other places I've been in Vietnam is more sedated and has less tourist (which I prefer). However this city is rapidly developing and on its way to becoming a new attraction for many - especially those who enjoy basking in the sun and relaxing by the beach. Speaking of the beach, it is definitely the highlight of Da Nang city. It has a coastline of 30 kilometres and is covered with silky smooth sand. I managed to score some time by the waves and submerged myself in the salty, refreshing sea before the weather decided to act up and our kayaking plans got cancelled. So if you do make a trip to Da Nang, remember to check the forecast :)




Our itinerary for the whole trip was filled with endless of activities. We visited a marble factory (apparently Da Nang is famous for their marble carvings), participated in a 5km run and represented Malaysia at the Da Nang International Marathon 2014, went up Ba Na Hills via cable car and visited  a french inspired garden called Le Jardin Des Secrets, was pampered with one of the best massages I've ever had in my life at A La Carte Hotel, and we were fed so much incredible food, it almost felt wrong. I'll let the pictures do the talking...




…will be back with the second part of my trip to Da Nang soon :)

x,
Sue

1 comment:

  1. I see a different Da Nang through your perspective and I adore your first photo.

    ReplyDelete