Sunday, August 12, 2012

FRIENDS



It is finished. I am done with the semester. It feels extremely good. Now what do I do? 

I don't know why I'm writing this post. My mind is very blurry and it is tired. But I just want to write. Type out whatever. Let's see where it takes me. I've been having a hard decision to make. I'm thinking about deferring my next semester. Meaning, taking less subjects; prolonging my time to complete my Diploma course. I want this because I'll have more time and more effort to put into my assignments, and of course, other daily things. Things I didn't have the time to do when I was in the previous semester. What's holding me back is my friends. It will mean I won't be graduating with them. And won't be in the same class anymore. It's hard. Really hard to choose. 

Also, I have been having one on one talks with my closest friends. I love sitting down in cafes/anywhere quiet, and just spill my heart out to my friends. And vice versa. It beats talking on the phone anytime. There's something beautiful about it. When we talk about deep meaningful things. When we encourage and inspire one another. Look the person sitting opposite you in the eyes.. Grasping every word they say. And taking it to heart. The feeling it gives you when you connect with that person. Indescribable. Everyone should experience it.

* * *

Why do I feel distant to You? I told myself I'm not going back to my old ways. Slap me in the face please Lord? Not literally though.

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats on finishing your sem :) And I also enjoy sitting down in cafes. It's relaxing.

    thedamselinadress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like in your heart of hearts you want to defer next semester. I know whatever you choose, it'll be the right decision :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's rather hard to decide.. Good luck in whichever decision you make. :) cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so glad for you that you're done with the semester. now, take a break and have some much-needed time for yourself! <3 ah, i've got nothing to say that everyone else has already said, decisions are never easy but whichever you choose, things always have a way of working themselves out. :)

    also, i love what you said about talking with friends. it's one of the BEST things ever. i find it particularly difficult to open up to many people even if i've known them for years and years but a few weeks ago, i finally did. i just felt like i'd explode if i didn't tell somebody everything that's making my heart heavy and so i braved opening up. it was so liberating. i felt like a load has been taken off and just glad that my friends were there to listen to and comfort and understand me. <3 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, sweetie! That's a tough decision to make. I hope you find a solution soon xo


    Angie
    sundaybelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on finishing the semester! I'm sure you'll make the right decision, and good luck! I feel like I've said this lots before but I love the way you write, you seem like one of the nicest people ever. I LOVE reading your blog (also, I love that photo)! :)

    x

    ReplyDelete